I take responsibility for any injury that results from my own misuse or neglect while using the Independent Publishing Resource Center (IPRC) facilities. I recognize there are precautions that must be taken while using the equipment and resources at the IPRC, and agree to follow all guidelines for safe usage below. In addition, I agree to financially reimburse the IPRC for any damage done to the equipment or facility due to my own misuse or neglect. Upon entry of the IPRC, I will abide by our safe space agreement/user policy as listed below:
- No violence
- No racist, homophopic, sexist, ageist, classist or otherwise discriminatory or derogatory comments (verbal or written) directed at anyone at the center.
- Everyone is expected to respect each other’s differences in race, ethnicity, physical ability, mental health, size, gender identity, and sexuallity.
- Bullying will not be tolerated.
Intoxicated individuals are not welcome at the center.
- Please respect all equipment and property and treat all with care to help us preserve it so that we may continue offering our services and facility to those who would like to use it.
- Please turn off all cell phones in workshops and classes.
- Please respect all staff. They are here to help you and create a positive experience for you.
- Please refrain from using foul or offensive language.
- Always be supportive of each other’s creative efforts. We are all taking creative risks.
Sexual harassment will not be tolerated.
The IPRC is a supportive atmosphere where everyone is encouraged to explore and share ideas in a supportive way. In the same way that the IPRC is a safe place for people to express themselves, we must also help to preserve a safe environment by following the guidelines listed above and by using our best judgment to make decisions that will affect other people. The IPRC reserves the right to refuse any membership/use of the center to anyone who fails to abide by these guidelines. Read more about our mission and these guidelines at www.iprc.org.